Chatted with Drew this afternoon, and we've decided to postpone the race this week. He and a few others went to the trail last night to check on it's conditions, and they don't think we should race it as it is. All the heavy rain has tore it up, there's holes in the trail, and some shovel work is needed to get it fixed.
We don't want someone going out and getting hurt, so we're pushing the race date back to this coming Tuesday, June 19th.
Why tuesday, why not Friday? Because Friday is the National Crit Championships in downtown - and we (and many of the racers I'm sure) wanna go. If Tuesday gets rained out, Thursday will be our make up date. If Thursday also gets rained out....we'll figure out something.
Planning on having the awards party next Saturday night, June 23. Location and time to be announced.
Keep an eye on the forum, Drew is going to organize a work party for sometime this weekend to get the trail back in shape. Please attend if at all possible!
There is a really big tree down on the south end of the trail. I will try to take it out this weekend during the work party. If someone has a big chainsaw and you would like to help please post it here. For the rest of the work party shovels, a pick/grubbing hoe and a wheelbarrow will be needed.
The trail is going to be quite shreddable Tuesday night! Thank you to John and Julie, Michael Dunn, Kim J, Robin Blake, Banks Mumford, and Walter Reck for helping dial things in (if anyone else went out there another time please speak up). We worked from 9am-1pm yesterday, and the result should be some fast times for Round 4.
Please RSVP via email for the series end awards party Saturday night, 7pm at AJBW.